Entailing the development of both devices and procedures that improve the lives of patients and allowing healthcare professionals to solve problems more effectively are focused on biomedical engineering. This field expertise is turning promising concepts
Tag: Biomedical Innovations
September 1, 2020 0 Comments
- Cabinet briefed on SAA business rescue, DPE assures on anti-graft actions at airline December 4, 2020In a statement issued on Friday, the South African Cabinet reported that, at its virtual meeting on Wednesday, it had been briefed on the business rescue plan for State-owned national flag carrier South African Airways (SAA). In September the government committed itself to provide R10.5-billion to back the business rescue plan for, and the restructuring […]
- Retiring Glasenberg handing over Glencore reins to Gary Nagle December 4, 2020Glencore CEO Ivan Glasenberg announced on Friday that he would be handing over the reins of the global mining and marketing company in mid-2021 to top Glencore executive Gary Nagle, who has served the company for 20 years and is well-known in South Africa for his part in running Glencore’s ferroalloys business. Mining Weekly can report […]
- Telkom CFO Molefe resigns December 4, 2020South African mobile network operator Telkom SA said on Friday Tsholofelo Molefe has resigned as the group CFO to pursue other interests. Dirk Reyneke, current CFO of Openserve - the wholesale connectivity division of Telkom - will take over the position of acting group CFO, effective December 7, Telkom said.
- Eskom business investment competition entries open December 4, 2020State-owned power utility Eskom has opened entries for its Development Foundation’s business investment competition (BIC). The BIC is open to registered black-owned small and medium-sized enterprises in South Africa that have been operating for 24 months or longer. Enterprises operating in the manufacturing, engineering/construction, trade/services and agriculture sectors can enter the competition.
- Glencore spells out emission-reduction pathway to 2050 December 4, 2020Diversified mining and marketing company Glencore on Friday announced its ambition to be a net-zero emissions company by 2050. Glencore set out the pathway towards reducing its total emissions footprint by 40% by 2035, taking in Scope 1, 2 and 3.
- Sanral shares details on Eastern Cape road upgrades December 4, 2020The South African National Roads Agency (Sanral) is planning major road upgrade projects for the King Sabata Dalindyebo (KSD) local municipality, including upgrading and widening of the R61, and upgrading of the N2 from Viedgesville to Mthatha into a dual carriageway. Sanral southern region regional manager Mbulelo Peterson said this week that Sanral had initiated a […]
- Metair still expects lower full-year output, but green shoots are showing December 4, 2020As automotive component manufacturer Metair anticipates a full-year decline of 30% in South African production volumes this year, the company remains committed to new model launch projects and overall sustainability of models, markets, projects and customers. Planned model launches and facelifts already had a positive effect in the second half of 2020, the JSE-listed company […]
- E Cape govt launches summer tourism campaign amid escalating Covid-19 infections December 4, 2020Despite spiking Covid-19 infections in the Eastern Cape, the province’s tourism department is gearing up to welcome tourists this summer. Finance, Economic Affairs and Tourism MEC Mlungisi Mvoko launched a travel and tourism activation, in Coffee Bay, on Friday, under the theme ‘Experience Summer Differently’.
- Public hearing participant questions Nersa mandate in evolving electricity market December 4, 2020The National Energy Regulator of South Africa was outdated, and regulation changes were needed to bring it in line with current trends, the only respondent to public hearings into gold miner Gold Fields' application to build a 40 MW solar plant near its mine in Westonaria said on Thursday. Brian Day, of Today Innovation, said at […]
- Grindrod Shipping extends IVS Pinehurst charter-in period December 4, 2020Dual-listed Grindrod Shipping has agreed to extend the firm charter-in period of the 2015-built supramax drybulk vessel IVS Pinehurst for 11 to 13 months, starting from November 15. The company has a further option to extend the charter for an additional 11 to 13 months and retains the existing purchase option to acquire the vessel […]