Entailing the development of both devices and procedures that improve the lives of patients and allowing healthcare professionals to solve problems more effectively are focused on biomedical engineering. This field expertise is turning promising concepts
Tag: Bluetooth Pulse Oximeter
September 1, 2020 0 Comments
- South Africa needs all available engineers, says former Saice president July 30, 2021South Africa needs all available built environment professionals, especially engineers, to build and manage infrastructure for the benefit of the country's development and future generations, civil engineer and former South African Institution of Civil Engineering (Saice) president Sam Amod said this week. Presenting the inaugural seminar as part of Saice's Support Our Students initiative, he highlighted the […]
- Anglo working towards collaborative decarbonised energy advance across South Africa July 30, 2021Anglo American, which will have all of its South American operations on renewable energy by the end of next year, is working towards trying to achieve a collaborative multi-company government- and Eskom-linked decarbonised energy advance across South Africa. Speaking to Mining Weekly in a Zoom interview, Cutifani said that Anglo, which has been looking at […]
- EOH expects improved full-year gross profit margin despite lower second-half revenue July 30, 2021Information and communications technology services multinational EOH says it expects to report a gross profit margin improvement of between 4% and 6% for the financial year ending July 31. While total group revenue in the second half of the financial year had been negatively impacted on by the prevailing economic conditions, the group remains focused on the quality of earnings.
- Transnet to lift force majeure at ports from August 2 July 30, 2021State-owned Transnet will, with effect from August 2, lift the force majeure which was declared by Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) over the container terminals in the Ports of Cape Town, Durban, Ngqura and Port Elizabeth. Transnet believes it is now in a position to service its customers and meet all contractual obligations reliably.
- OHS report calls for consolidation of legislation July 30, 2021Although South Africa has a progressive occupational health and safety (OHS) legislation regime, it needs to fast-track the process of consolidating the related legislation and create a national policy on OHS, the Department of Employment and Labour’s (DEL’s) ‘Profile of Occupational Health and Safety South Africa’ report shows. The DEL on July 30 launched the […]
- Nampak reports improved results in wake of disruptive 2020 July 30, 2021JSE-listed packaging company Nampak reports that, for the quarter ended June 30, trading conditions improved significantly in comparison with the corresponding period of 2020. During the same time last year, most of Nampak’s businesses were impacted on by a combination of hard lockdowns and alcohol bans in many of the geographies where the group operates.
- Kibo forms working relationship with IGES to pursue South African waste-to-energy projects July 30, 2021Africa-focused energy company Kibo Energy has satisfied all conditions required, and completed an agreement with South Africa-based Industrial Green Energy Solutions (IGES), to jointly develop a portfolio of waste-to-energy projects in South Africa. The companies entered into an agreement to jointly develop a portfolio of waste-to-energy projects in South Africa, with an initial target of […]
- French hydrogen sedan manufacturer unveils first rolling prototype July 30, 2021French manufacturer of hydrogen-powered sedans, Hopium, has unveiled its first rolling prototype in Paris. Announced in October, last year, and produced in record time in the Linas-Montlhéry test workshop, the vehicle, called the Alpha 0, certifies the reliability of the fuel-cell system, says Hopium.
- M&R’s Clough receives preferred proponent status for Australia transport project July 30, 2021JSE-listed engineering and construction group Murray & Roberts (M&R) reports that its subsidiary Clough’s joint venture with Acciona has received preferred proponent status on a contract valued at about R2.4-billion for the transportation infrastructure upgrade on behalf of Main Roads in Perth, Western Australia. The project will start towards end of this year and will […]
- Ramaphosa sees big green economy opportunity in ‘bold’ climate commitment July 30, 2021President Cyril Ramaphosa says it is time for South Africa to “grasp the nettle” and embark on a “transformative path” towards a climate-resilient society both to fulfil its moral obligations in the face of an intensifying crisis, but also to seize the economic and job opportunities that are arising around the transition. Speaking during the […]