Entailing the development of both devices and procedures that improve the lives of patients and allowing healthcare professionals to solve problems more effectively are focused on biomedical engineering. This field expertise is turning promising concepts
Tag: Brain-Machine Interfaces
September 1, 2020 0 Comments
- Kansai Plascon lowers operating costs following turnaround, sustainability project June 24, 2022Paint and coatings manufacturer Kansai Plascon has achieved a 100% improvement in operating costs over 36 months owing to its turnaround plan and sustainability agenda. “We lacked differentiation, had negative cash flow and strategic partnerships were becoming strained. We had high inventory levels and operating expenses, which were negatives, all exacerbated by ever-elevating interest payments. […]
- Firms agree to competition penalty for unintentionally contravening the Competition Act June 24, 2022The Competition Tribunal has confirmed, as an order, a consent agreement wherein four firms admit that they unintentionally contravened the Competition Act, specifically that parties to a large merger may not implement that merger until it has been approved, with or without conditions, by the Competition Commission. The parties were said to have implemented a […]
- GBCSA piloting industrial property rating tool development, calls for data from industry June 24, 2022Sustainable building industry organisation the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA) has developed a customised pilot version of its Existing Building Performance (EBP) Tool to enable industrial properties to rate their buildings' performance according its Green Star Certification and ratings. Sustainable built environment consultancies Sow & Reap Consulting and Imbue Sustainability customised the commercial […]
- Attacq Foundation hosts bursary session for students June 24, 2022Corporate social investment initiative the Attacq Foundation held its bursary session for students studying property-related and engineering courses at partner institutions on June 24. The students’ studies are facilitated and managed collectively by the South African Property Owners Association bursary fund, the South African Institute of Black Property Practitioners, the Atterbury trust, the Women’s Property […]
- TNPA embarks on ambitious R9.1bn seven-year infrastructure development programme June 24, 2022Further to Transnet National Port Authority’s (TNPA’s) “reimagined” operational model, launched in November last year, and increased efficiency initiatives that are under way, the State-owned utility has announced it will spend R9.1-billion over the next seven years on capital projects in the Central Region ports. The Central Region ports comprise Ngqura, Gqeberha and East London.
- High-purity manganese facing phenomenal demand growth, PDAC hears June 24, 2022The commitment of at least six major motor companies to manganese-based batteries for battery electric vehicles (BEVs) is elevating the demand outlook for high-purity manganese phenomenally, a Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) conference has been told. CPM Group lead manganese analyst Andrew Zemek highlighted high purity manganese’s looming high use in the battery […]
- Mutually respectful, beneficial foreign investments key – Bonakele June 24, 2022South Africa needs “very predictable, clear regulatory systems” as it seeks mutually respectful and mutually beneficial foreign investment, South African Competition Commission Commissioner Tembinkosi Bonakele said at the Southern Africa France Business Forum on June 22. Hosted by Business France, French Foreign Trade Advisors and the French South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the […]
- Country Bird launches expanded Tigane processing plant June 24, 2022Southern African agricultural business Country Bird Holdings’ (CBH’s) newly expanded Supreme Chicken Tigane chicken production facility in Hartebeesfontein, North West, was officially launched on June 23, the culmination of over five years of planning and the realisation of R180-million worth of investment. Speaking at the launch, CBH CEO Brendon de Boer explained that the expansion […]
- Reform, State capability, corruption must be addressed before South Africa can progress – Mavuso June 24, 2022Three critical issues stand in the way of South Africa moving forward in terms of developing and attracting investment, Business Leadership South Africa CEO Busi Mavuso said at the Southern Africa France Business Forum on June 22. Hosted by Business France, French Foreign Trade Advisors and the French South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry, […]
- Western Cape govt, DTIC driving green hydrogen research in Vredendal June 24, 2022The Department of Trade, Industry and Competition (DTIC) and the Western Cape provincial government have committed to putting support mechanisms in place to help resource a green energy hydrogen project in Vredendal. As a starting point, senior government officials already visited the Keren green hydrogen project, to understand and assess the status of the project.