The agriculture industry influences many sectors of the economy locally as well as internationally. From farmers and real estate to supermarkets and restaurants, it’s important to understand what is going on in this industry and
Tag: Digital Transformation
September 19, 2020 0 Comments
- Germany, France in climate deal loan talks with South Africa September 27, 2022Germany and France are in talks with South Africa’s National Treasury over about €600-million to help it transition away from the use of coal. The loans may form the first part of $8.5 billion in financing offered to the country during last November’s global climate summit. The money will go some way toward addressing the funding […]
- Salga to assist municipalities with energy infrastructure challenge September 27, 2022The South African Local Government Association (Salga) says it is taking decisive action to close the electricity gap and help municipalities take advantage of the policy shift in energy generation, with regulations having changed to allow municipalities to procure power independently to ensure energy security of supply. Several municipalities are already in the process of […]
- R20bn Koeberg life-extension cost estimate of 2010 now ‘significantly different’ September 27, 2022Eskom has confirmed that the change to the schedule for replacing the six steam generators at the Koeberg nuclear power station, will have an impact on the cost of the life-extension project, which was originally estimated at R20-billion. This confirmation was provided during a joint meeting of the portfolio committees on mineral resources and energy […]
- Less than 1% of discarded textiles are recycled back into clothing September 27, 2022In South Africa, only about 13% of textiles are recycled at all, while less than 1% is recycled back into clothing, environmental services company Pinpoint Sustainability director Nicola Jenkin revealed during a presentation to textile sector stakeholders of findings and recommendations set out in nonprofit economic research institution Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies’ (Tips’) “Designing […]
- Nasa scores direct hit on asteroid in planetary defence test September 27, 2022The US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa) has reported that its Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) spacecraft had successfully impacted its target, the asteroid moonlet Dimorphos. DART is an Earth defence experiment, aimed at proving a means of protecting our planet from hazardous asteroids. That means involves using the impact of a spacecraft to […]
- Strikes cost South Africa 1.6m work days in first half September 27, 2022South Africa’s work days lost due to strike action rose more than 30-fold in the six months through June compared with the same period a year earlier, driving up wage settlements between labor unions and companies. Africa’s most industrialised economy lost 1.6-million work days due to industrial action in the first half of 2022, up […]
- Driving while distracted? Volvo’s new EX90 may just pull you off the road . . . September 27, 2022Volvo Cars has promised that its new battery electric flagship model, the EX90, will be the safest Volvo yet. The EX90 is scheduled to go on sale globally in the second half of next year.
- Mobile green hydrogen platform launched by Rheinmetall September 27, 2022Integrated technology company Rheinmetall launched its newly designed and pilot-phase mobile green hydrogen production and storage platform at the Africa Aerospace and Defence Expo on September 21. The turnkey and modular solution offered by Rheinmetall group subsidiary Rheinmetall Denel Munition (RDM) in South Africa provides electricity for stationary and mobile infrastructure in civil and industrial […]
- EV sales see average emissions from new cars in Europe drop by 12% in 2020 September 27, 2022Average carbon dioxide emissions from new cars registered in Europe dropped by 12% in 2020 compared with the year before, says a new report from the European Environment Agency (EEA). The main reason for the sharp decline was a surge in the share of electric vehicle (EV) registrations compared with internal combustion engine vehicle sales.
- DTIC pleased with progress at Richards Bay titanium dioxide pigment plant September 27, 2022The government is pleased with progress made at the titanium dioxide pigment manufacturing plant, based at the Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone, in KwaZulu-Natal, Trade, Industry and Competition Deputy Minister Nomalungelo Gina says. She visited the industrial development zone and Nyanza Lights Metals to evaluate the Phase 1 completion of the infrastructure being built by […]