The agriculture industry influences many sectors of the economy locally as well as internationally. From farmers and real estate to supermarkets and restaurants, it’s important to understand what is going on in this industry and
Tag: Digital Transformation
September 19, 2020 0 Comments
- Project launched to define role of finance in South Africa and India’s ‘just transitions’ January 19, 2021A new multi-partner initiative has been launched with the aim of defining the role that finance can and should play in supporting both South Africa and India’s aspirations to implement “just transitions” to more climate-resilient economies. The ‘Just Transition Finance Roadmaps in South Africa and India Project’ is being backed by the UK’s development finance […]
- Ramaphosa forms inter-ministerial committee on vaccines, to be led by David Mabuza January 19, 2021President Cyril Ramaphosa has established an inter-ministerial committee to oversee the roll-out of Covid-19 vaccines in the country. Ramaphosa announced this at a Zoom meeting of the ANC's Progressive Business Forum on Tuesday.
- Business performance, strategy, Covid-19 drive further change in nonexecutive practices January 19, 2021While 2020 was a year of fluctuations and novel challenges, the remuneration of nonexecutive directors continues to be increasingly linked to the performance of businesses, as well as their ability to adapt to new challenges and new demands from stakeholders and shareholders, says professional services and advisory multinational PwC South Africa People and Organisation Reward Tax, Legal […]
- Dept postpones implementation of EPR Regulations for the waste sector January 19, 2021Environment, Forestry and Fisheries Minister Barbara Creecy has postponed the implementation of the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Regulations to May 5. This follows a request from affected producers to make further inputs into the implementation process.
- AMSP opens Covid-19 vaccines pre-orders for AU member States January 19, 2021Following the announcement by African Union (AU) chairperson President Cyril Ramaphosa on January 14 that the AU has secured a provisional 270-million Covid-19 vaccine doses for Africa through its Covid-19 African Vaccine Acquisition Task Team (Avatt), the Africa Medical Supplies Platform (AMSP) has, on behalf of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), […]
- Mainstream Renewable Power signs equity investment deal with Aker Horizons January 19, 2021Global wind and solar company Mainstream Renewable Power has signed an agreement with renewable energy investment company Aker Horizons, which will take a 75% equity stake in the company, subject to regulatory approval. The deal values Mainstream at €1-billion (including a potential earn-out of up to €100-million in 2023 and subject to customary adjustments), which […]
- Renergen hoping to highlight importance of diesel dual fuel with new truck January 19, 2021Emerging natural gas and helium producer Renergen has replaced its old transport truck with a new one, equipped with the diesel dual fuel (DDF) kit and tank from the former truck, in a bid to prove the equipment will “outlast the truck”. While the truck itself is not linked to the company’s recently announced cold-chain […]
- Platinum group metals playing role in Switzerland’s green hydrogen roll-out January 19, 2021Platinum group metals (PGMs), which South Africa hosts in greater abundance than any other country on earth, are playing important catalytic roles in Switzerland’s green hydrogen and green truck rollout, which is now under way. Mining Weekly can today report that proton exchange membrane (PEM) technology, which benefits from catalysis brought about by PGMs in […]
- Work progresses at Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project January 19, 2021Binational organisation the Zambezi River Authority (ZRA) is progressing work at the Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project (KDRP). In a January 19 update, the authority said that ongoing KDRP works comprise two components, namely reshaping of the plunge pool and the refurbishment of the spillway gates.
- Ninety One SA clients increase shareholding in Murray & Roberts January 19, 2021JSE-listed Murray & Roberts has received formal notification that clients of financial services provider Ninety One SA have, in aggregate, acquired an interest in the ordinary shares of the company. The total interest in the ordinary shares held by Ninety One SA clients now amounts to 5.18% of the total issued ordinary shares of Murray […]