Entailing the development of both devices and procedures that improve the lives of patients and allowing healthcare professionals to solve problems more effectively are focused on biomedical engineering. This field expertise is turning promising concepts
Tag: Tissue Engineering
September 1, 2020 0 Comments
- Energy transition also requires choices to ensure food, water security August 18, 2022While the jury is still out on how exactly climate financing will be used to set South Africa’s energy sector on a low-carbon path, there are various other impacts and changes to industries and households looming, that are not discussed as often. Some of these issues and considerations were unpacked in a webinar hosted by […]
- Eskom challenges present opportunities for engineers, infrastructure industry August 18, 2022State-owned utility Eskom is facing considerable challenges and steps have to be taken to ensure the current and projected future generation gap is plugged. This opens up opportunities for the infrastructure industry and for engineers over the next 15 years, Eskom group COO Jan Oberholzer averred on the first day of industry body the Consulting […]
- Youth require collaborative, agile approach to skills to benefit from economic opportunities August 18, 2022The planning that goes into skills development cannot be linear, owing to it being difficult to determine upfront what skills will be needed in the medium- and long term, and it therefore requires a move away from the prevalent silo-based approach that currently prevails, University of the Witwatersrand Centre for Researching Education and Labour skills development research […]
- Sasol delays 96% gas hike pending ‘engagements with Nersa’ August 18, 2022Sasol Gas has confirmed that it has delayed the implementation of a controversial 96% increase in the price of pipeline gas, which was initially announced as being effective from August 1. Had the increase been introduced, the price of gas charged to South African customers would have increased from R68.39/GJ to R133.34/GJ.
- Exxaro partnering Enertrag to support just energy transition August 18, 2022Coal and renewable energy company Exxaro has built a renewable energy business that is said to be well positioned to contribute significantly to addressing South Africa's electricity deficit. Emphasised by the JSE-listed company is that South Africa's economic growth and social progress depends on energy security, which it is setting out to help to provide. […]
- Namibian green hydrogen developer expects implementation agreement on $10bn project by year-end August 18, 2022Green hydrogen development company Hyphen Hydrogen Energy (Hyphen) is optimistic that the implementation agreement for a planned $10-billion project will be signed with the Namibian government by year-end. The signing of the implementation agreement will trigger the commencement of the front-end engineering and design phase of the project, which will be constructed over two phases […]
- Grindrod to post 188% earnings growth for H1 August 18, 2022Further to a trading statement published on June 28, JSE-listed freight and logistics group Grindrod in an on August 18 release says it now expects, with greater certainty, to report earnings of between R370-million and R400-million for the six months ended June 30, compared with a R424-million loss in the corresponding six months of 2021. […]
- Adcock to report up to 25% increase in full-year earnings August 18, 2022JSE-listed pharmaceutical group Adcock Ingram Holdings expects to report a 24% to 25% year-on-year increase in earnings per share (EPS) to between 492c and 495c for the financial year ended June 30. This compares with EPS of 396c posted in the prior financial year.
- Cartrack adds new AI-powered safety alerts to driver monitoring August 18, 2022Cartrack has enabled a series of new safety alerts for vehicle drivers and fleet managers related to speeding, traffic proximity and potential distractions. The company says it has enhanced its video- and sensor-based safety technology – powered by artificial intelligence (AI) – taking its accuracy in capturing high-definition video of critical events “to the next level”.
- Exxaro eyeing green hydrogen, new CEO tells Mining Weekly August 18, 2022Diversified minerals and energy company Exxaro is eyeing green hydrogen, new Exxaro CEO Dr Nombasa Tsengwa disclosed on Thursday when the JSE-listed company reported 147%-higher half-year group earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (Ebitda) of R10 603-million on mainly the 142% increase in coal Ebitda in the six months to June 30. Responding to Mining […]