Entailing the development of both devices and procedures that improve the lives of patients and allowing healthcare professionals to solve problems more effectively are focused on biomedical engineering. This field expertise is turning promising concepts
Tag: Tissue Engineering
September 1, 2020 0 Comments
- ARC Investments notes update on R750m rights offer September 25, 2020JSE-listed African Rainbow Capital (ARC) Investments has made a rights offer circular available on its website. The company previously announced its intention to raise R750-million, less expenses of the rights offer of about R3.5-million, through a fully committed and underwritten pro rata nonrenounceable rights offer of ARC Investments ordinary shares.
- Manganese market fundamentals reaffirmed at Tesla Battery Day September 25, 2020TSX-V-listed Giyani Metals Corporation says it is encouraged by the endorsement of high-purity manganese as a critical component of cathode chemistries, as discussed during the Tesla Battery Day event on September 22. Tesla announced that the cathode chemistry for its intermediate range vehicles and non-industrial stationary storage units will contain one-third, or 33%, manganese.
- Iata signs agreement with UN counter-terrorism agency September 25, 2020The International Air Transport Association (Iata), the representative body of the global airline industry, and the United Nations (UN) Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT) have signed, in a virtual ceremony, a memorandum of understanding to strengthen cooperation in regard to the UN Countering Terrorism Travel Programme (CT Travel programme). The memorandum was signed by Iata director-general […]
- Eskom COO cleared of all wrongdoing in Aveng payment dispute September 25, 2020The grievance procedure brought against Eskom COO Jan Oberholzer has been brought to finality and he has been cleared of all wrongdoing in a payment dispute with a contractor, construction company Aveng, power utility Eskom said in a statement on September 25. Following a court’s findings against Eskom on a payment dispute with Aveng, Eskom […]
- Green hydrogen economy growing rapidly – Hatch September 25, 2020At Glencore’s Raglan Mine, in Canada, a closed loop, microgrid system converts excess wind power to hydrogen, which is then stored in tanks. During periods of low wind power, a fuel cell produces electricity from the stored hydrogen, and within the facility are also innovations such as a battery energy storage system with flywheel generation […]
- Diesel vehicle push could boost platinum demand, says WPIC September 25, 2020A resurgence in encouraging vehicle buyers to buy diesel vehicles could result in a boost for platinum demand, says the World Platinum Investment Council (WPIC). In January 2021, the European Commission will measure the average fleet carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions of each European automotive manufacturer against the 95 g/km level for 2020.
- DMRE confirms Eskom as buyer of renewable energy under REIPPPP Bid Window 5 September 25, 2020Mineral Resources and Energy Minister Gwede Mantashe on September 25 gazetted a Section 34 Determination to procure energy from independent power producers. This paves the way for Bid Window 5 of the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme.
- Airlink airline restarting regional operations in early October September 25, 2020South African private-sector airline Airlink has announced that it will start phasing back in its regional flight network, with effect from October 5. It also announced that it will soon institute a new regional route, to Mozambique. On October 5 the airline will restart operations between Johannesburg and Harare, Zimbabwe. The flight will be daily, […]
- ‘Emergency’ IPP power projects to be grid-connected by mid-2022 September 25, 2020The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) and the Independent Power Producer (IPP) Office has set the long-stop date for projects under the Risk Mitigation Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (RMIPPPP) to start commercial operation as the end of June 2022. The programme was gazetted by the department on July 17, with the aim […]
- Transition to green energy needs to happen as soon as possible, says think tank September 25, 2020The transition from burning fossil fuels and the large-scale emitting of carbon dioxide and other harmful gases to renewable energies needs to happen as quickly as the industry can manage, independent financial think tank Carbon Tracker Initiative founder and executive chairperson Mark Campanale stated this week. During a September 23 webinar hosted by marine and […]