Over the past few years, the aerospace industry has seen countless innovations coming to fruition with many more on the horizon. In fact, the most awesome aerospace innovations of the past years aren’t just cool
Tag: aerospace technology
September 12, 2020 0 Comments
- MSI assists young people with business development skills January 25, 2022The Mpumalanga Stainless Initiative (MSI) will from next week run an entrepreneurship programme to assist young people to effectively start businesses or scale up existing small businesses into high-growth ventures, through structured entrepreneurship training. MSI is a nonprofit technology business incubator established by the Mpumalanga Department of Economic Development and Tourism (MPDEDT) in 1999 and is […]
- TIA gets new board to maximise technology innovation and commercialisation impact January 25, 2022The public technology commercialisation agency the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) has had a new board of directors appointed by Higher Education, Science and Innovation Minister Dr Blade Nzimande at a time when the agency is increasingly being called upon to find ways to maximise its impact as it executes its mandate of technology innovation and commercialisation, […]
- Steve Griessel appointed Paramount Group CEO January 25, 2022Aerospace and technology company Paramount Group has appointed US subsidiary Paramount USA CEO Steve Griessel as its group CEO with immediate effect. This comes as the group further globalises its operations and expands its network of strategic partnerships with governments and major corporations around the world.
- Iata reports world air passenger traffic last year improved in comparison to 2020 January 25, 2022The International Air Transport Association (Iata) – the representative body of the global airline industry – has reported that air passenger traffic for the whole of last year, while still significantly down on the figure for 2019 (the last full year before the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic) was also an improvement on the figure […]
- Solidarity attributes PetroSA retrenchments to mismanagement, poor political will January 25, 2022Trade union Solidarity claims that mismanagement and a lack of political will at South African national oil company PetroSA are the main reasons for a second retrenchment process instituted within 12 months of a previous process at the company. According to Solidarity, the State-owned enterprise informed its employees and unions in December 2021 that it wanted […]
- South African growth to slow to 2.1% in 2022 – Fitch Solutions January 25, 2022Fitch Solutions expects growth in South Africa to slow to only 2.1% in 2022, having expanded by an estimated 4.8% last year, as the base effects of 2021 fade and longstanding constraints come to the fore once again. Lacklustre economic activity in South Africa would also weigh on the performance of the Southern African region, […]
- Sars' revenue collection down 7.8% in 2021 January 25, 2022The National Treasury and the South African Revenue Service (Sars) Tax Statistics 2021 edition shows that during the 2020/21 financial year, total tax revenue collections declined by 7.8% to R1.25-trillion from the R1.36-trillion collected in the preceding year. "Revenue collections in the 2020/21 fiscal year were severely impacted on by the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown restrictions, […]
- Air cargo records strong year with December performance January 25, 2022The International Air Transport Association’s (Iata’s) data for global air freight markets shows that full-year demand for air cargo increased by 6.9% in 2021, compared with 2019 (pre-Covid-19 levels) and 18.7% compared with 2020 following a strong performance in December 2021. This was the second biggest improvement in year-on-year demand since Iata began monitoring cargo […]
- Agreement inked to develop hydrogen recycling of end-of-life wind turbine magnets January 25, 2022Magnet metal and rare earths miner Pensana has signed a cooperation agreement with oil, gas and wind power company Equinor, forming a working group to share technical and commercial information to develop a low-energy method for recycling end-of-life magnets at Pensana’s rare earths hub in the Saltend Chemical Park, in the UK. Pensana chairperson Paul Atherley […]
- Pick n Pay rolls out licence renewal service to more stores, at lower cost January 25, 2022Retailer Pick n Pay launched its new vehicle licence disc renewal service nationally on January 25. Customers can now renew their vehicle licence discs in more than 500 Pick n Pay stores across South Africa for R250 – which excludes the added courier fee of R99.99 for delivery to customers.