Entailing the development of both devices and procedures that improve the lives of patients and allowing healthcare professionals to solve problems more effectively are focused on biomedical engineering. This field expertise is turning promising concepts
Tag: Biomedical Innovations
September 1, 2020 0 Comments
- Sars customs modernisation depends on new skills and industry support to shape smart ecosystem September 16, 2021The customs modernisation programme of the South African Revenue Service (Sars), announced on September 1, requires the upskilling of customs officials, as well as the support of and collaboration with industries, businesses and the whole of government to shape a customs and trade ecosystem that supports economic growth and social development. Sars commissioner Edward Kieswetter […]
- Apollo Africa partners with WePower for renewable energy market platform September 16, 2021South African energy company Apollo Africa has announced a partnership with global energy technology company WePower, as well as the development of its Apollo Platform, subject to normal regulatory approvals. The partnership aims to accelerate the energy transition in the Southern African renewable energy market.
- Continental pursues sustainability goals September 16, 2021Tyre manufacturer Continental is pursuing ambitious sustainability goals in order to become the “most progressive manufacturer in the tyre industry by 2030”. Its efforts are centered on climate action, low-emission mobility, the circular economy and sustainable supply chains.
- Commercial property without carbon emission reduction plans will soon decrease in value – report September 16, 2021Commercial property without plans to slash carbon emissions will soon plummet in value, warns new real estate stock exchange IPSX and sustainability data and consulting firm Carbon Intelligence in a joint report on net-zero initiatives for UK commercial property market valuations. Its findings factor in UK government commitments to a 78% reduction in greenhouse-gas emissions […]
- Bush clearing, shaft rehab under way at West Wits gold revival project September 16, 2021Australian-listed West Wits Mining, which is considering a secondary listing on the JSE, has commenced bush clearing and old shaft rehabilitation west of Johannesburg, as part of its far-reaching revival plans for an area where gold mining thrived as recently as 20 years ago. West Wits Mining, which was recently granted its mining right, completed […]
- Harvesting water from atmosphere posited as a solution to enhance water security September 16, 2021Technology used to extract water from the Earth’s atmosphere, otherwise known as atmospheric water generating (AWG), may be a solution that can be easily scaled to mitigate current and future water scarcity issues in South Africa and globally, Sustainbale Operations Group (SOG) Water Solutions co-founder and manufacturing and operations director Keenan Lawrence said this week. […]
- Major international telescope being built in South Africa by local artisans September 16, 2021An international radio telescope array project, led by the US National Science Foundation, is being built in South Africa’s radio astronomy reserve in the Karoo region of the Northern Cape province by local artisans, and has already started doing valuable science, the South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) has reported. The project is designated Hera, […]
- GE Renewables, Fraunhofer enter research partnership for 3D printing for wind applications September 16, 2021NYSE-listed GE Renewable Energy, research institute Fraunhofer IGCV and 3D printing systems manufacturer voxeljet have entered into a research partnership aimed at developing the world’s largest three-dimensional (3D) printer for offshore wind applications in order to streamline the production of key components of GE’s Haliade-X offshore wind turbine. The partners expect to launch the project […]
- Global alliance for sustainable energy formed September 16, 2021A group of global leaders from across the renewable energy value chain and the sector’s innovation ecosystem on September 16 launched a new organisation aimed at ensuring renewables are wholly sustainable for people and the planet and lead a just transition away from fossil fuels. The partners, united in a shared vision for the sustainability […]
- New-vehicle market could reach 485 000 units, if supply holds – Hill September 16, 2021The South African new-vehicle market could reach around 485 000 units this year, says Ford South Africa MD Neale Hill. This will be a significant increase from the 380 000-unit sales recorded last year.