Entailing the development of both devices and procedures that improve the lives of patients and allowing healthcare professionals to solve problems more effectively are focused on biomedical engineering. This field expertise is turning promising concepts
Tag: Brain-Machine Interfaces
September 1, 2020 0 Comments
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems seeking to certify its mtu engines with hydrogen fuel October 15, 2021UK-based global power and industrial technology group Rolls-Royce announced on Friday that its Germany-based Rolls-Royce Power Systems division, which produces mtu-brand engines and power systems, was further developing its power generation units so that they could run on hydrogen. Hydrogen fuel does not produce carbon emissions. Already, mtu Series 500 and Series 4000 gas engines […]
- Govt speeding up plans to designate Sedibeng as SEZ October 15, 2021Trade, Industry and Competition Deputy Minister Fikile Majola says government is working "with great speed" towards designating the whole of Sedibeng into a special economic zone (SEZ) to be named the Vaal SEZ. Majola was speaking at the Sedibeng Investment Conference, hosted in Vanderbijlpark, on October 15.
- Creecy says a climate finance breakthrough is key to COP26 success October 15, 2021South Africa’s Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment Minister Barbara Creecy says a breakthrough is needed at COP26 on the issue of climate finance, warning that the failure of developed countries to honour their $100-billion-a-year commitments has led a breakdown of trust. Addressing a virtual stakeholder consultation session on South Africa’s position ahead of the upcoming […]
- Petco rolls out track and trace platform for recyclers, waste pickers October 15, 2021The South African Polyethylene Terephthalate Recycling Company (Petco) is driving the rollout of technology called BanQu to recycling buyback centres, in an effort to revolutionise how recyclable materials are traded, tracked and traced. The digital platform will help buyback centres accurately record and track their recycling transactions with waste pickers, and trace the origins of recycling, while […]
- AIIM successfully raises R5bn for infrastructure in SADC October 15, 2021Private equity fund manager African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM) has successfully completed a capital increase of R5.5-billion for its flagship Southern African Development Community (SADC) infrastructure fund called the Ideas Managed Fund. The fundraise exceeds an initial R4.5-billion target by 20%, taking the size of the open-ended fund to more than R22-billion.
- DFFE announces R29m waste management intervention for Mangaung October 15, 2021The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) on October 15 announced a R29-million waste management intervention for the Mangaung metro municipality, in the Free State. Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment deputy Minister Makhotso Sotyu attributed the waste management challenges experienced by the municipality to financial and budgetary constraints and said the intervention was in response […]
- Dipula agrees transaction with Resilient to optimise capital structure October 15, 2021South-African focused diversified real estate investment trust (Reit) Dipula Income Fund has concluded formal agreements with Resilient Reit, which is intended to help Dipula optimise its capital structure and unlock shareholder value. In terms of the transaction, Dipula will acquire 50% of the Circus Triangle shopping centre from Resilient for R404.5-million in exchange for B […]
- CDC continues to advance inclusive growth, development October 15, 2021The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) is working to advance the inclusive growth and socioeconomic development of the country, says CDC marketing and communications head Dr Ayanda Vilakazi. A year ago, Eastern Cape Finance and Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism MEC Mlungisi Mvoko launched the 100 ha Aquaculture Development Zone (ADZ) in Zone 10 of the […]
- Volvo Trucks aims for all new-vehicle sales to be electric by 2040 October 15, 2021Volvo Trucks aims for 50% of all global new-vehicle sales to be electric by 2030, says global product management senior VP Jessica Sandström. By 2040, the goal is for 100% of global sales to be fossil-fuel free, whether that will be through the sale of battery-electric of fuel-cell electric trucks.
- Hydrogen fuel cell has inexhaustible future, says Fortescue’s Andrew Forrest October 15, 2021The hydrogen fuel cell has an inexhaustible future as a means of maintaining the planet’s high standard of living, said Fortescue Metals Group chairperson Andrew Forrest during a global online symposium this week. “Our little planet’s cooking, the world’s impatient and there’s any amount of capital, provided your projects are great,” said Forrest, who was […]